Sunday, April 19, 2009

More Smokies Images



Well, I am home now and will be processing images for a while longer. Here are a few more... mostly wildflowers. I know I am getting better at macro photography. However, it is very difficult, and I still feel that I have more improvements to make. Mostly in the areas of getting sharper images and getting better at checking backgrounds for distracting elements. Getting sharp macro images of wildflowers is tough because the flowers are always dancing in the wind. Pictured here are trillums grouped with bishops cap and white phacelia. This was taken along the Porter Creek Trail. The fire pink (red flower) was taken along Big Creek, which is one of my favorite places in the Smokies. And finally, the wild geranium (below) was taken along the trail leading to the Ramsey Cascades.




No comments: