Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lone Tree


I have passed this tree many times and always wanted to photograph it. Though the clouds and sky were what I had envisioned, the clouds were not exactly where I would have liked. Alas, about 10 minutes after I took this image the clouds flattened out and were no longer the white cotton balls that they were. Maybe I will get other chances. The landowner did come out to question what I was doing in the middle of his field. He was nice though and I offered to give him a print copy. Maybe a four seasons image. This would be interesting in winter and fall. Not so much in the spring or summer although I still like this image in some ways.

1 comment:

Mr. Woodcock said...

I drove by your tree last night. It's still there, however the sky was a boring blue. Needed more clouds. Like in your picture! I can't wait (actually, I can) to see the winter version of this photo...