Sunday, February 15, 2009

Greetings from New Mexico

Greetings from sunny, but very chilly New Mexico. I am taking the opportunity to attend the North American Nature Photographers Annual Summit in Albuquerque, New Mexico later this coming week. In the meantime I am touring around with camera. This morning I visited Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge near Socorro, New Mexico. This area is renowned for the winter snow geese and sandhill cranes. Here are several of the photos that I was fortunate to capture. The cranes and geese spend nights on the ponds near the Rio Grande. In the morning is the lift off when the geese rise enmasse at sunrise to head for the nearby grain fields for feeding and the cranes do much the same. I hope to be able to capture more images this evening as they return from feeding.

No comments: