Sunday, April 20, 2008

UP Michigan Trip Day 3

Have spent a couple of days in Michigan's Upper Peninsula photographing birds and scenery. People have all been nice although they may seem happier now that spring has started to arrive. I cannot believe that there is still snow on the ground, and in places, lots of it. Have spent most of my time in the Paradise - Whitefish area. Very historic with the Shipwreck Museum and the Lighthouse at the Point. Unfortunately, the Museum does not open until next weekend. Many of the hotels and restaurants are closed too. This morning I was on the shore hoping for a georgeous sunrise. Alas, it was good but not great. The sunset here is from yesterday morning. This is one that I took of the Whitefish Point Lighthouse. The beach is a pebble beach and although I thought I might be able to get a great shot with the stones there were too many footprints (there are a lot of people who like walking the beach) and the compositions just did not work. Here is the best that I could come up with. Well, gotta go run, like maybe over to the Seney Wildlife Refuge. Comments are always welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting view of the light and a lovely sunset.